Modern User Experience
User interface follows modern web design protocols to make learning and using Canvas easy. Integration with web services allow students to extend the utility of the learning platform into common web application such as Google Drive, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Skype.
iOS and Android apps for Phone and Tablets allow you to preform most tasks straight from the mobile app. Partial list of functions capable the mobile app, currently:
- View Announcements, Assignments, Grades, Modules, Pages, Quizzes, Syllabus, and Group related content
- Submit Assignment, view Assignment comments, and create/submit video Assignments
- Create Discussions, reply to Discussions, and include an attachment
- Share and download Files
- Take Quizzes and view Quiz results
- Create Groups Announcements and Discussions
- Notifications – Students choose the communication method (e-mail, text, Facebook, Twitter) and the frequency (ASAP, daily, weekly) they prefer. Choice improves engagement and responsiveness.
- Student Creators – Students have the same Rich Content Editor as Instructors, including video and audio. Student becomes a collaborator in their learning.
- Tools to Collaborate – Students have access to tools to enable them to collaborate with other students, such as web conferencing, conversations, chats, collaborations, files, and groups.
- Calendar focused on Students – Students can add entries into their personal calendar, can schedule appointments within Faculty selected time blocks, and can send a iCal feed so they can interact with the calendar app of their choose.
- “What-If” Scores – Ever wondered what you might need to make on an Exam to make a certain grade in a Course? “What-if” scores allow you to try out different grades to see the impact on your final grade in a course.
Student Success focused features
- Polls on Canvas
- Peer Review
- Anonymous Grading